The difference between pressure transmitter and pressure gauge
From: Issued date 2021.08.03 Back
What is a pressure transmitter?
The pressure transmitter is mainly composed of three parts: load cell sensor (also called pressure sensor), measuring circuit and process connection. It can convert the physical pressure parameters of gas, liquid, etc. felt by the load cell sensor into standard electrical signals (such as 4-20mADC, etc.) to provide secondary instruments such as indicator alarms, recorders, regulators, etc. for measurement and indication And process regulation.
What is a pressure gauge?
Pressure gauge (English name: pressuregauge) refers to a gauge that uses elastic elements as sensitive elements to measure and indicate pressure higher than the ambient pressure. The application of pressure gauges is extremely common, and it covers almost all industrial processes and scientific research fields. It can be seen everywhere in the fields of heating pipe network, oil and gas transmission, water and gas supply system, vehicle repair and maintenance factories and stores. Especially in the process of industrial process control and technical measurement, because the elastic sensitive element of the mechanical pressure gauge has the characteristics of high mechanical strength and convenient production, the mechanical pressure gauge has been more and more widely used.
The difference between pressure transmitter and pressure gauge are:
1. The accuracy of the standard instrument required for pressure transmitter calibration is much higher than the accuracy of the standard instrument required for pressure gauges.
2. The pressure gauge only needs to verify the relationship between a pair of input and output, while the pressure transmitter may need to verify the relationship between input and communication data.
3. The calibration of pressure gauges must have corresponding measurement qualifications. Pressure transmitters are generally not required except for the production plant and new construction.
4. The accuracy of the pressure gauge is poor, there is no output, and it is not possible to use a hand operator. Generally, it has 5 points to check, and the difference between back and forth is different. The intelligent pressure transmitter generally only needs to calibrate the zero point and full scale.
5. The output of the pressure gauge is a scale indication, with its own display capability. The pressure transmitter is a current output and must be connected to an ammeter of the corresponding accuracy level for display.
Nanjing Wotian focuses on the production of pressure sensors. It is a heavyweight manufacturer of pressure sensors in China. It has the core technology of diffused silicon pressure sensors. It has 305 employees and has an annual output of 2 million diffused silicon pressure sensors. The products are exported to more than 70 countries and regions. . Can provide OEM for industrial transmitter manufacturers.